Certain things have always remained consistent throughout my life. I love photography, I love cinema, I love food, I love cooking and I love technology, and above all of those things, other cultures have always fascinated me. I feel I am very fortunate to have such a broad spectrum on the world, its culture, and to be able to capture it in stills and on the screen.
I was a child who spent childhood in the 1970s, young adult in the 1980s and my favorite decade for all things was the 1990s. I am happy that I got to experience all of these decades, I loved the simplicty of the 1970s when there was only one phone in the house and it was only used for emergencies and phoning distant family. At the same time, I love the internet became mainstream in the mid 1990s. In 2001 everything changed, not necessarily for the best.
11 Things About JRCX
- All of my heritage can be traced back to Sicily, Italy.
- I embrace my Italian roots closer than my American heritage, but I am a proud American.
- I love all cultures. When my father would take me into Little Italy in Manhattan, I begged him to take me to the temples in Chinatown. I found them far more interesting since I already knew what being Italian was all about.
- While I hate extremes in weather, I almost always rather be in summer or autumn weather than any other.
- I love New Jersey, and I can’t list all the reasons why here.
- New York City & Manhattan will always be my favorite city no matter where I travel next.
- I find languages interesting and speak, read and/or write in English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese. I did take a year of French in college, but found it very difficult.
- I played classical piano for over 10 years.
- I was confirmed as a Roman Catholic, but I believe in all religions as they all have their basis. If anything, I believe in Karma, and no matter what, kindness trumps being a nasty, ugly person. Some seek revenge, I seek personal closure, and when Karma comes around, its a beautiful thing. I believe God and/or Karma have my back. Life is too short to think otherwise.
- As of this point, I am single, never married, no children. I would have loved it the other way around, and though I tried many times, it just never worked out, so I am happy to have my freedom to do what I love like travel and keep my own hours.
- I am primarily nocturnal.