The Cowboy Cocktail
Being on social media these days really inspires me for a lot of great ideas, especially when it comes to cooking, eating and drinking. I will be honest up front and admit, this is an inspiration from featured in PUNCH from Shelly Lindgren called Dusty Trails. It looked very appetizing, but even in the height of summer, I had no fresh strawberries, so I used Moonshine Cranberries instead. As well, I had no ginger syrup, so I substituted real ginger beer. Why not? This single ingredient (with real ginger in it) has every thing I need to complete the recipe, real ginger, real sugar, and soda water. The odd thing is the rarest ingredient I have a full bottle of, rhubarb bitters. Perfect. So here it is…
THE COWBOY COCKTAIL
- 1 ounce (30ml) Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 ounces (60ml) Bourbon
- .25 or 1/4 oz (10ml) Honey
- 1.5 ounces of Ginger Beer, or if you absolutely must, 1 ounce of ginger ale, but cut it with another ounce of club soda
- 2-3 Dashes of Rhubarb Bitters (this really does make a difference in the flavor, I even added a few more dashes)
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with cherries or cranberries.
Simply add all ingredients to a shaker with a little ice and shake for a minute or so and strain into a glass with fresh ice. Add a garnish it if you wish, because that always makes things much more appetizing. Enjoy!
# # #